Regional Youth Orchestra
Regional Youth Orchestra NSW (RYO) is an audition-based youth orchestra for talented students from NSW Regional Conservatoriums, providing opportunities to play with other regional youth musicians and learn from leading
2019 Auditions and Projects
RYO projects currently in planning for 2019 are:
• April/May: Brass project with OAO (to be confirmed)
• 24-30 July: Australian World Orchestra project (to be confirmed)
• 30 October – 3 November: Artstate Tamworth
Eligible students who wish to be considered for selection for RYO projects held in 2019 must complete and submit this application form with a link to an audition video. Students who were selected for previous RYO projects must re-audition each year.
Closing date: Monday 31 March 2019
About the Regional Youth Orchestra
Regional Youth Orchestra NSW (RYO NSW) is an audition-based youth orchestra for talented students from NSW Regional Conservatoriums, providing opportunities to play and perform with other regional youth musicians, and to learn from leading conductors, orchestras and artists from Australia and the world in a range of projects each year.
The aim of RYO NSW is to annually audition and assemble a cohort of talented students to form a youth orchestra, with RYO members growing in experience from project to project, and working together as a team.
RYO NSW was established in 2016 by the Association of NSW Regional Conservatoriums, as an outcome of several years of successful orchestral projects in collaboration with Australian and international orchestras, and in partnership with the Sydney Opera House.
Past orchestral projects for NSW Regional Conservatorium students include working with the following orchestras:
· Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018
· Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra 2013
· London Symphony Orchestra 2014
· Australian World Orchestra 2015, 2016, 2017
· Staatskapelle Berlin 2018
· Performances at Artlands and Artstate Conferences 2016, 2017, 2018